Monday, February 25, 2013

Looking Forward to 2013

I have taken a year off to relocate to Singapore and now that I am more or less settled with all the logistics and moving done, I am back at my laptop penning photography thoughts and ideas.

Perhaps a few quick recollections of 2012 would set the stage for 2013.

With all that travelling in 2012, I have come to depend on my snappy portables ... namely my iPhone and point & shoot cameras. The big boy's toys were for a while in separate places transiting between Honolulu and Singapore. They are all safe now in a dry cabinet (an absolute necessity in high humid Singapore)!

While using the iPhone, I learned of and learned to use new photo Apps (which I'll do a review of some of my favorite ones in the next posting). Being on the road so much has also increased my need to use social media tools to keep in touch with my friends.

That said, I still managed a solo exhibition at the Canon USA Gallery in Honolulu. It's a very rare opportunity and I am extremely happy to have shown my photos there for the whole month of November.

Prior to this showing was another photo exhibition where I contributed two photos in support of a Singapore GLBT youth outreach event in the photographic print medium.

And before the year's end, I had begun conceiving a new project that pays tribute to the great art masters of the modern art world! I am currently doing test shots and researching with the help of an art historian friend from Korea. This is a long term personal project and will take a year or two to complete.

The more immediate project is to complete the layout and design of the photo book which I have already started.

I am excited about 2013 and the possibilities it will bring.

No comments: